Interested in joining Slash? We are always seeking talented humans to join our team.
DESIGN & PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Slash Objects is seeking a Design & Production Assistant who enjoys and excels at working in a creative environment, is detail-oriented and deadline focused. The ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in quality and craftsmanship, enjoys partaking in the transformation of a material, and wants to make an impact at a growing small business! The ideal candidate enjoys working with their hands and is organized and efficient.
A meticulous eye for detail is A MUST. This role ranges from producing stock inventory and fulfilling e-commerce orders to furniture prototyping, as well as the opportunity to contribute to new and evolving designs. The right candidate has the opportunity to take on more responsibility in the furniture design and fabrication capacity.
Must be located in NYC and able to work in person at our Brooklyn studio.
- Product inventory production using recycled rubber
- Assisting with furniture prototyping and casting
- Sanding, sealing, finishing
- E-commerce order fulfillment
- Studio organization and upkeep
- CAD / CAM software skills
- Rhinoceros a plus
- Hardworking, strong work ethic
- Detailed oriented
- Quick learner
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Adaptable, willing to take on new challenges and changes that come with a growing small business
- Excellent problem-solver with a “get it done” attitude
- Self-reliant, can quickly grasp new concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Great time-management skills + Knowledge of casting techniques a plus
- Passion for product and furniture design, sustainability, and innovation
- Knowledge of Shopify or Shipstation a plus
- BA or equivalent in a Design Degree
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio, CV, and why you think you would be a good fit for this position. Please include the job description in the subject line.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING INTERN
Slash Objects is seeking a Social Media and Marketing Intern to join the team.
There is an incredible opportunity for a motivated, talented student with graphic design and social media skills to intern at a growing product design company.
The student will learn how to create on-brand social media content, develop a creative voice, practice communication skills through visuals and brand messaging, practice content design on key design platforms, gain real-world experience in a small creative business, and have real impact.
One or more years of experience with coordinating social media and creating content for social media.
Proficient in business posts on social media platforms. IDEAL: Understand SEO and web traffic data. Must be able to multitask. Critical thinker and problem-solver. Works well with a team. Organized and self-motivated. Excellent time management. Exceptional at communication and building relationships. Must provide a portfolio, and have some experience with managing social media accounts, emails, and brand content. Must have experience using Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, etc. Must have experience using Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook, Google Analytics, Klayvio (a plus). Previous internships or work experience is a plus.
- Understanding goals and defining them specifically for social media
- Choosing and editing visuals to make on-brand and beautiful
- Creating and maintaining a social media calendar.
- Brainstorming creative ideas for social media
- Editing & understanding KPI's and defining them specifically for social media
- Designing and collaborating with the team to create on brand visuals
- Monitoring all social media content
- Tracking the performance of the campaign
- Keeping up with technologies used in social media
- Using social media marketing tools
- Ideal: Tracking customer engagement and SEO to optimize campaign content
- Video editing experience a plus
- Outstanding design and typography skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to convey concepts clearly and persuasively
- BA in Visual Design, Communication, AD School, Marketing, Business of Design or relative practical/technical experience
- Highly collaborative and inventive
- Self-motivated, balancing multiple projects and timelines, with an ability to manage your own time
- A flexible, and go-getter work style
Must have an eye for design and the ability to create beautiful and on-brand content in Figma and Creative Suite.
To apply, email email@example.com with your portfolio, CV, and why you think you would be a good fit for this position. Please include the job position in the subject of your email. Please provide a link to your social media page(s).
Slash Projects Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.